CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Lumpia #1




Lumpia is one of creativable(is that even a word?) dish, I think... First I met "lumpia" about 2yrs ago... My friend in San Diego made n brought it to a potluck party. The one she made was very meaty, my husband loved it, my kids loved it, of course I loved it too. She taught me how to make it, and it was so simple... So I tried right away. So back then, I was putting just seasoned ground beef inside. Which was good...

Then we had another one here in Hawaii... I guess it's more like real, Filipino style... which has a lot of veggies inside, more close to spring roll, I would say. N it's goooooood.lol So now I decided to try making one of those, so I searched the recipe on the internet. OK, here's the recipe I found n I've tried...

Ingredients:1 lb. Ground Pork ...I used Ground Beef instead
2 cloves Garlic, crushed
1/2 cup chopped Onion ...I used 1 onion
1/2 cup minced Carrots
1/2 cup chopped Green Onion
1/2 cup thinly sliced Green Cabbage
1 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1 tsp. Soy Sauce
30 Lumpia Wrappers

Direction:
1. Place a wok or large skillet over high heat, and pour in 1tbsp. vegetable oil. Cook pork(beef), stirring frequentl, until no pink is showing. Remove pork from pan and set aside. Drain grease from pan, leaving a thin coating. Cook garlic and onion in the same pam for 2mins. Stir in the cooked pork(beef), carrots, green onions, and cabbage. Season with pepper, salt, garlic powder, and soy sauce. Remove from heat, and set aside until cool enough to handle.
2. Place three heaping tbsp. of the filling diagonally near one corner of each wrapper, leaving a 1 1/2 in. space at both ends. Fold the side along the length of the filling over the filling, tuck in both ends, and roll neatly. Keep the roll tight as you assemble. Moisten the other side of the wrapper with water to seal the edge. Cover the rolls with plastic wrap to retain moisture.
3. Heat a heavy skillet over medium heat, add oil to 1/2in. depth, and heat for 5mins. Slide 3 or 4 lumpia into the oil. Fry the rolls for 1 to 2mins., until all sides are golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately.

So I made this for my son's birthday... well he was sick so he couldn't eat much... anyway, it was good, I think. We had so mnay leftovers, so next day, I put in the oven n warm it up, NOT MICROWAVE, USE THE OVEN to get crunchy again...

N I'm thinking... I probably can do many creative ways...?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message...