Friday, July 24, 2009
1 lb. Ground Beef
1/2 cup Carrot
1 slice of Bread
3 tbsp. Milk
1 Large Egg
Salt n Pepper
(Make 5 to 6)
1. Chop onion n carrot... I use food processor. Heat some oil in a frying pan, stir fry the chopped veggies for 5min. with high-medium heat. Keep stiring. Put in a large bowl. Cool it down a lil bit.
2. Shred the bread in food processor n put in a small bowl. Add milk in n let milk soak in the bread.
3. Add the bread mixture, ground beef, egg, salt n pepper, mix very well with a hand.
4. Take a lil smaller than a tenise ball size in one hand, throw it to the other hand... like a lil catch ball with your two hands...lol To do so, let the air out from inside the patty.
5. Shape them just like hamburger patty or oval, flat to 1/4in.
6. Heat a lil oil in a frying pan, first high heat, put 2 or 3 patties on a pan. Wait about 30sec., reduce the heat to medium n flip the patties. Put a lid on the pan. Let it cook about 5mins. or til it's cooked through.
7. Put the steak on a plate, use the same pan to warm the sauce... I use ketchup n Japanese 'Bulldog' sauce... which is probably close to worcestershire sauce + BBQ sauce. By using the same pan, the sauce gets lil beef juice... Some may call it grease, but it adds a good taste to the sauce.
*My hubby likes this with fried egg(sunnyside up) on top.
It's great for kids who don't like veggies, because it has onion n carrots inside but it's chopped n mixed, so it doesn't show nor taste. We usually eat with rice, but I believe mashed potato would work with it just fine!
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile