CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Baby Acne

Poor Baby Ilah... Now she has some... few... kinda many pimples on her cheeks! Yep, it's known as "baby acne". John n Michele had same thing. I know it will disappear in a couple of weeks, n there's nothing to worry about, but it looks not so great.



Since I am using iPad(which means I don't have to get up n go to the computer to check something), I googled "baby acne".

"Baby acne is very common. It can be present at birth, but more often it shows up after a couple of weeks, usually on the cheeks and sometimes on the forehead, chin, and even the back."

"On the contrary, baby acne is believed to be caused by hormones released by the mother during pregnancy. Absorbed through the placenta, these hormones play an important role in the development of the fetus during the later stages of the pregnancy. These hormones stimulate the oil glands present in the baby's skin and are thought to cause baby acne."

Hmmm... So I knew that it's not serious thing, but I didn't know that it's caused by hormones released by me during pregnancy. Well, there's nothing we can do about it other than keep the area clean n dry. Since she loves taking bath, I think that helps a lil. But I hope it will disappear soon...

- Posted from my iPad;))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message...