You see Beef Bowl restaurant almost everywhere in Japan, well there’s some in NY n Cali too. But you can’t cook THAT taste yourself… until NOW! I found this recipe from Cook Pad, n I tried it last night… IT WAS JUST LIKE THE ONE!!! If you like it, you gotta try this!
- Thin sliced beef 1.5lb
- Water 3cups
- Onion, thin sliced 2
- Paste Ginger 1tbsp
- Soy Sauce 4tbsp
- Light Soy Sauce 4tbsp
- Cooking Sake 6tbsp
- Sugar 6tbsp
- Salt just a pinch
- Japanese Soup Base(Hondashi) 1tbsp
- White Rice As much as you want
*If you go to those oriental store, they should also sell Ginger Paste in tube(in yellow box) just by Wasabi tube n stuff. That would be very convenient.
* Since it was based on Japanese measurement, you may wanna adjust a lil bit too.
- Boil 3cups of water in a sauce pan, put sliced onion and cook until onion’s softened.
- Add Sake, Sugar, Salt, both of Soy Sauce, then put beef and mix well.
- Cook in medium heat for 10min or more, then add Ginger.
- Cook a little more, and adjust the taste with Sugar n Soy Sauce as you like.
- Put on cooked White Rice.